Lead Product Designer (Perm)
Hybrid set-up - we have WeWork memberships for those who want a space together, otherwise we are fully remote.
Elsewhen is a London based consultancy designing digital products & services for the likes of Spotify, Inmarsat and Zego. Over the past 11 years, Elsewhen has created a working environment that is impactful, driven, open and friendly. We value outcomes over hours and agility over rigid processes.
We know that diversity of thought, background, and perspective make for better teams and better products. Regardless of culture, appearance, or perspective, everyone is welcome in our teams and workplaces. We are a company where people are empowered to challenge convention, grow their ideas and make the best work of their lives.
Join our team — elsewhen.com.
Our Design Team
As our new Lead Product Designer, you’ll help take our interdisciplinary teams to dizzying new heights. You’ll create useful and beautiful products for some of the world's leading companies, always designing with the user in mind. We love designers to run with their instincts — but then know how to validate them.
Here it’s all about the balance between autonomy and collaboration, insight and intuition, work and life. We work in small, open, friendly teams, creating products and services people love, using our heads and hearts. Our designers have experience creating intuitive experiences based on user insight, analytics, brand strategy, and validation.
You’ll work in a lean, agile process where you are expected to help challenge and progress our work, methods and thinking. You will collaborate with developers and product managers to maintain and improve good working practices.
You are expected to be proactive, to plan and manage your own workload. We value individual creative thinking as highly as collaboration; if you spot an opportunity or see something that needs fixing, we have created an environment in which you will be heard.
What you’ll do:
- You will work collaboratively with designers, developers and product managers to develop useful, beautiful digital products and services. You will help solve complex user experience problems by applying your creative thinking, logic and pragmatism.
- Working with small multi-disciplinary teams to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- You will provide the thought leadership to develop the right product strategy. As a team, you will solve problems and come up with solutions that delight users.
- You will lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches, setting the overall user experience vision with the rest of the team.
- You will have the chance to take full ownership of your work, and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Produce user flows, information architecture, UI, interaction models and high fidelity prototypes at the highest standards in our industry.
- Prepare and conduct user research and usability tests, to uncover and solve for real user needs.
- 8-10+ years experience in a UX, UI, visual design or product design role, working with cross-functional teams. You have a huge understanding and passion for detailed interaction and information design. Experience designing for mobile is a must.
- You are an incredible designer with amazing design skills. You have shipped many consumer products over the years and understand what it takes to create world-class, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You get nervous if you are not sketching concepts, tweaking flows or polishing the designs representing the big-thinking work. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground.
- You are a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You also have the ability to mentor others to deliver work and make strategy come to life, and you are skilled at presenting work back to clients.
- You are comfortable with customer journey mapping, user research/testing, information architecture, competitor analysis, product wireframes, interactive prototypes and UI design.
- You have plenty of experience working with brand and style guidelines to design and prototype to a high resolution that goes beyond wireframes is essential.
- Have familiarity and at least a high-level understanding of the relevant technology (i.e. HTML, CSS…)
- Strong skills using tools such as Figma, Figjam, Miro, etc. Ideally familiar in using testing tools and methods such as AB/MVT, Guerrilla or Remote. Illustration and or motion skills for this role is a real bonus.
- Must have a portfolio featuring examples of end-to-end design solutions. A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
Why join Elsewhen:
- We’re a flexible first company. Work face-to-face or from home, whatever suits you best. Either way, we’ll bring people together socially to meet each other and build deeper relationships.
- At Elsewhen, you’ll get the chance to create work that has impact and is measurable.
- Autonomy is key for us - teams are empowered to make decisions regarding the activities, tools and technologies they use.
- We run End to End projects - meaning you’ll constantly cross paths with other skill sets and career shapes
- We give an annual budget for training and up-skilling, including dedicated days so you don’t have to study in your own free time.
- We use the Progression app to accelerate your development through our well defined and measurable skills framework.
- 27 days of holiday, plus bank holidays
- Flexible working - choose how and where you work
- Private health insurance (We value health)
- Comprehensive physical and mental health cover
- Gym membership contribution
- Perks (Amazon Prime, Cinema, Ocado)
- L&D budget
- Free breakfast once a month
- Monthly and quarterly team social events
- Annual team trip
- Brand new MacBook + office equipment
- £500 Feel Better Fund
- Bonus scheme
- 6 weeks paternity & 16 weeks maternity leave
- 6% employer pension contribution
Where to from here?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to Elsewhen.
We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.