Hybrid Set Up - WeWork memberships for those who want to go in, otherwise fully remote ( UK + Ireland Only)
Elsewhen is a London-based consultancy designing digital products & services for the likes of Spotify, Inmarsat and Zego. Over the past nine years, Elsewhen has created an impactful, driven, open and friendly working environment. We value outcomes over hours and agility over rigid processes.
We know that diversity of thought, background, and perspective make for more substantial teams and better technology.
Regardless of culture, appearance, or perspective, everyone is welcome in our teams and workplaces, encouraging individuality. We are a company where people are empowered to challenge convention, grow their ideas and make the best work of their lives.
Join our team — https://www.elsewhen.com.
Our Design Team
Our new Senior Product Designer will help take our interdisciplinary teams to dizzying new heights. You will use your experience to create useful and beautiful products for the world's leading companies, designed with the user in mind. We love designers to run with their instincts — but then know how to validate them.
Here it is all about the balance between autonomy and collaboration, insight and intuition, work and life. We work in small, open, friendly teams, creating products and services people love, using our heads and hearts. Our designers have experience creating intuitive experiences based on user insight, analytics, brand strategy, and validation.
You will be working in a lean, agile process where you are expected to help challenge and progress our work, methods and thinking. You will collaborate with developers and product managers to maintain and improve good working practices. This position will report to a Lead Product Designer.
You are expected to be proactive and plan and manage your workload. We value individual creative thinking as highly as collaboration; if you spot an opportunity or see something that needs fixing, we have created an environment in which you will be heard, a place to grow your ideas and produce the best work of your career.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborating with our Lead Product Designers, you will help to design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches, and assist in crafting the overall user experience vision.
- You will also work closely with our developers and product managers to develop useful, beautiful digital products and services.
- You will help solve complex user experience problems by applying your creative thinking, logic and pragmatism.
- Working with small multi-disciplinary teams to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- You will help the team provide the thought leadership that leads to the right product strategy.
- Together, you will solve problems and come up with solutions that delight users.
- You will help to design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches, and assist in crafting the overall user experience vision.
- Supported by the Elsewhen team, you will have the chance to take full ownership of your work, and take responsibility for essential parts of the product design process.
- Produce user flows, information architecture, UI design, interaction design and prototyping.
- Assist in the preparation of and the running of user research and usability tests.
- 5+ years experience in a UX, UI, visual design or product design role, working with cross-functional teams. You have a strong understanding and passion for detailed interaction and information design. Experience designing for mobile is a plus.
- You have shipped consumer products over the years and understand what it takes to create world-class, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You get nervous if you are not sketching concepts, tweaking flows or polishing the designs representing the big-thinking work. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground.
- You are a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You are skilled at presenting work back to clients.
- You are comfortable with customer journey mapping, user research/testing, information architecture, competitor analysis, product wireframes, interactive prototypes and UI design.
- You have experience working with brand and style guidelines to design and prototype to a high resolution that goes beyond wireframes.
- You have familiarity and at least a high-level understanding of relevant technologies (i.e. HTML, CSS…)
- Strong skills using tools such as Figma, Figjam, Miro, Adobe Creative Suite etc. and ideally you’re familiar in using testing tools and methods such as AB/MVT, Guerrilla or Remote.
- Illustration and or motion skills for this role is a real bonus.
- Must have a portfolio featuring examples of end-to-end design solutions. A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
Why join Elsewhen:
- We’re a flexible first company. Work face-to-face or from home, whatever suits you best. Either way, we’ll bring people together socially to meet each other and build deeper relationships.
- Opportunity to create work that has an impact and is measurable.
- Autonomy - teams are empowered to make decisions regarding the tools and technologies they use.
- End to End nature of projects - cross paths with other skill sets and career shapes
- An annual budget for training and up-skilling, including dedicated days so you don’t have to study in your own free time.
- We use Progression to accelerate your development through our well-defined and measurable skills framework.
- 27 days of holiday, plus bank holidays
- Flexible working - choose how and where you work
- Private health insurance (We value health)
- Comprehensive physical and mental health cover
- Gym membership contribution
- Perks (Amazon Prime, Cinema, Ocado)
- L&D budget
- Free breakfast once a month
- Monthly and quarterly team social events
- Annual team trip
- £500 Feel Better Fund
- Bonus scheme
- 6 weeks paternity & 16 weeks maternity leave
- 6% employer pension contribution